Updated: Nov 9, 2021
I don't know about y'all, but I am SO OVER THE CORONAVIRUS! I'm so over it that I've stopped obsessively washing my hands. I've stopped staying in the house (been out in the wild since May 1st when Texas started opening back up). The only thought I now give to covid-19 and myself is when I see people wearing masks (which is less and less frequently where I live in my North Texas suburb). I see the masks and I think, "Oh yeah, people are still worked up about this. Mmmm."
I am not worried about it in regards to my type 1 diabetes. I am not worried about it in regards to my child or my husband. We are none of us in a high risk category (my diabetes is very well controlled and I am never ill because of the things I talk about below), and we do what we can do to keep our immune systems boosted. Which brings us around to the topic of today's blog: IMMUNITY. Here is the definition:
the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells.
It is the job of our immune system in our bodies to fight off (or resist) bad guys. This can be colds, the regular flu, and even this novel corona virus. Having a boosted immune system can even help you fight off would-be cancerous cells not allowing them to take root*. Now, if you are immune compromised for whatever reason I am obviously not speaking to you. You should absolutely stay home as much as you can. You are the ones who should stay home--100%. These things are still applicable to your bodies and will aid in boosting your immune systems too.
Here are five things you can do THIS WEEK to boost your immune system to fight off this stupid new virus. And four of them you can do TODAY.
1) CUT THAT SUGAH, SUGAH: Significantly reduce the amount of sugar you are taking in. Sugar depresses your immune system and causes inflammation in the body which is an autoimmune response by body systems to try to course-correct. Reducing sugar reduces inflammation and helps your body stop fighting itself. I think we can all agree that this is a worthy endeavor.
2) MIRACULOUS MCT: Go buy yourself some MCT oil. MCT oil is medium chain triglycerides extracted from coconut oil. The lauric acid in an amino acid found in MCT and coconut oil and has been found to destroy the external walls of general covid viruses (of which the common cold is a type of covid virus) which enables your immune system to get into the virus and destroy it. In as little as a teaspoon a day stirred into your coffee or tea or drizzled on your salad. Or just swallowed right out of the spoon will do the trick for your immune system. It doesn't taste like anything. I drink 1-1.5 tsps in my cups of coffee in the morning. I think that the Trim Healthy Mama website has the best deal for price, quality, and quantity MCT oil, but MCT oil is available everywhere--even Walmart!
3) BAOBAB BOOST: Add in some baobab powder to your diet. Baobab (pronounced bay-oh-bab) is reported to have antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-malarial, anti-diarrheal, anti-viral, and antioxidant properties. All of these will help sucker punch covid-19 in the face. It is also helpful in preventing anemia and asthma. Baobab is like a powerhouse of awesomeness. Think of it as the Chuck Norris of immune boosters. Again, the THM Baobab Boost powder is the best value for price, quality, and quantity. Be sure to start slowly with 1/4 tsp at a time until you've worked up to about a tablespoon. It will CAUSE loose stool if you ramp up too quickly.
4) WATER WATER WATER: Increase your water consumption a little more today than yesterday. This doesn't mean you need to go from having half a glass once a day to drinking one gallon a day. Just drink a little more every day. Water makes minerals and nutrients more accessible to the systems in your body. It lubricates your joints. It increases your kidney function. It plumps up your skin. Water, like baobab, is amazing. You need more of it in your life. Don't like plain water? Get some Young Living Essential tangerine or citrus fresh oils and put a drop or two onto your ice before you add the water. It takes it from boring to delicious! Or check in tomorrow and I'll have uploaded a new delicious way to enjoy piña coladas all day long ❤️
5) SOAK UP THE SUN AND GET MOVING: Get outside and let that gorgeous sunshine do it's job. Research has shown that this stupid virus cannot exist for very long in temperatures above 70F/21C and humidity of 20%. The higher the temperature goes the faster the virus dies. It's summer. This virus will not be able to survive outside for long. Get your vitamin D in and your stress down by going for a 30 minute walk. The movement will do your body and your mind a world of good.
Any thoughts on the brave new post-covid world? How are you guys proceeding?
* Obviously not in every case will a boosted immune system totally ward off cancerous cells.
Click over to my coaching page to see what's coming up!